The North Vancouver Community Arts Council & CityScape Community Art Space are very excited to announce the 13th Annual “Anonymous Art Show”. This group exhibition and fundraising event will include the work of emerging and established artists, strictly 2D on unframed 8” x 8” x 1½” back stapled canvas or wood cradle panel.
Artists are encouraged to participate in this worthwhile event as it is a significant fundraiser for the many valuable community programmes, projects and events of the Arts Council. Artists are required to sign only the back of the canvas as the paintings are displayed anonymously. Each piece is priced at $100. Sales are divided 50/50 between the artist and the NVCAC. Purchased paintings are immediately taken off the wall and given to the purchaser. In its place a sold tag will reveal the artist’s name.
All Artwork MUST meet the following requirements:
- We only accept unframed, 8” x 8” x 1 ½”, back stapled canvas or wood cradle panel
- A limit of 3 submissions per artist
- Two dimensional works only – No relief work – No three dimensional work
- New submissions only. Previous years’ AAS works will not be accepted
- Full name, signature, title and website (if available) must be written on the back of the canvas(Canvases signed on the front will not be accepted.)
- All works must have a title and may not be called “Untitled”.
- Paintings must be submitted completely dry and unwired.
- Mark an “up” arrow on the back of canvas to indicate top
- Diptychs and triptychs are acceptable but will not be shown together
How to Submit?
Pick up a copy or download the fillable pdf of the Artist Contract/Information Sheet to be submitted with your artwork. All artwork must be received at CityScape Community Art Space by the deadline.
Deadline for submissions: Saturday, October 28, 2017 at 4:00pm
For more information about this event please visit our website at http://www.nvartscouncil.ca/events/anonymous-art-show